Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mary. Marie. Mmm...FOOD!!


If the primary source "War" were to look at America today, it would say a number of things. Here's a little skit for all you guys:

(at some school, during lunch, outside...Mary and Marie are hanging out)
MARIE:
Come on Mary, let's eat with Carla and her friends today. She totally likes us, I think!
MARY:
But we promised Suzie we'd sit with her. Her mom even packed all of us some cake from her birthday!
MARIE:
Come on, cake is for losers anyway. Carla says that the "new" food to eat is salad with water and a spritz of lemon. That's what I brought for lunch today. She says we should eat it to be cool, like the starts on TV!
MARY:
But...I....I--
MARIE:
Yeesss?
MARY:
I---(tone suddenly changes to fake, depressed way of speaking) I didn't bring....a salad.
MARIE: Oh, you can share with me. Carla says its not good to eat a lot anyway...
PIRANDELLO: Typical. (*sigh*) Girl wants to fit in. Girl tells other girl to fit in with her. Girls do what they are told without thinking of what they want.

(*45 minutes later...after lunch)

MARY:
I thought you said Carla LIKED us. Why did she just treat us like that?
MARIE: She doooeess!!! You'll see, by tomorrow, she'll change. It's always like this,
CARLA: (approaches with a smirk) Marie, you and your little friend don't have to sit with us tomorrow anymore. There---isn't enough room. (evil smile, kind of like Regina George from the movie Mean Girls)
MARIE: Thanks a lot Mary!! You totally screwed this up!
MARY: Screwed what up? You're the one who didn't let me have any cake!!! I heard it was from Carlo's Bakery, you know that place that's on TLC??? It's like reeallly good apparently, but thanks to YOU, I haven't even been able to try it.
SUZIE: Hey guys. Where were you today at lunch? I thought we were going to have a little cake!
(Marie, Mary, and Suzie's other friends walk by talking about inside jokes, Suzie laughs along.)
MARY: What was that all about?
SUZIE: Oh...it's nothing. It happened at lunch and well...you kinda missed out.
MARY: Oh.
SUZIE: But I saved you guys some cake. I mean, just a little, everyone basically tried to get more.
MARY: Thanks Suzie!
MARIE: Yeah...thanks.
SUZIE: Meet me after school.

(after school, outside of the building)

SUZIE: Here you guys go!
MARIE: Mmm! This is insanely good!!!
SUZIE: Haha yeah...
MARY: Look, we're sorry we weren't at lunch today---
SUZIE: Oh, it's totally fine....
MARIE: So what was that joke about anyway?
SUZIE: Oh well you see, Trisha knocked over her water and....(
scene fades as girls walk home together talking about the day, laughing)
PIRANDELLO:
This is the perfect example of my primary source. The two girls, especially Marie, were told it would be good to do something they didn't like. They didn't figure out that they shouldn't do that until they figured out that it wasn't fun or worth it anyway. Things like this happen in America all the time. It's called peer pressure. Cliques and girls and even guys just have to fit in with a certain group or they're considered "uncool."

No comments:

Post a Comment